Saturday, June 20, 2026

Dreaming of Tomorrow

This week, my dreams have been filled with my dearly departed daddy and big sister. Last night was something different though. Daddy, Elaine, AND my maternal grandfather, Ray Kynerd, all appeared together. To my knowledge, I’ve never dreamed of Granddaddy before. The whole scene was extraordinary—each of them young again, looking much like the pictures in this collage. They were dressed to the nines and smiling ear-to-ear. I won’t detail the dream, but it felt like a beautiful glimpse into that glad reunion day when time has finally lost its grip.
On this Father’s Day weekend, I send love to all the fathers walking this earth. Your presence shapes the spirit of your children as surely as a mother’s does. Be steady. Be kind. Lead with love and tread lightly with criticism. Children long to please their parents, so don’t set that bar beyond reach. In other words, don’t be impossible to please.
Consider this the gentle counsel of an old woman who’s been around a while and seen a thing or two. You can thank me later. I hope you and yours have a good evening and a peaceful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment